So I conform. What can I say? As I admired the awesome posts and pics of my dear friend Jillian's blog, I had to have one of my own. How often I'll keep it going is questionable, but at least there's fun to learn about now.
So what a perfect time to start a blog....the eve of my 25th birthday, aka 1/4 of a century. I can say it's been a pretty stellar 25 years thus far. Can't wait for what lies ahead in the next 1/4!
What to say about me....grew up in Omaha, NE with damn good people and college football (go Huskers)! I have great parents (and I thank them for putting up with me for this long) and two histeracle brothers, Keegan (21) and Auggie (19) that up until the last 4 years I thought I might kill them. We all get along great, and I love the fact that there should probably be a parental advisory on any Anderson conversation with the ubsurd amount of swearing that goes on. Grew up a normal, active kid and have some pretty great friends (crown) from the big "O". Soccer was my game and landed me a scholarship to Missouri State University. If you were to study the party habits of college girls, the soccer players would outdo any sorority, being totally out of control and wild to this day.
After four years in Missouri, moved back home for what was a year of hell...accelerated nursing school at Creighton University (not to mention I hated Creighton playing against them in soccer). It was the best thing I ever did. BSN in a year. It hurt, but it was over before I knew it.
So then what. Got in touch with a great friend from Missouri State (an avid drunk/soccer fan) who said, "Why don't you move to Colorado?" Seeing I knew it was time to get out of NE, I said what the hell. Got a job as a RN in pediatrics at St. Francis Medical Center and now I work to play :) Bike, board, climb, run...anything active I'm in. I look forward to telling my stories and adventures as I grow and learn during year 25!
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment